Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Go Scarlet Knights!!!

Saturday was time for another adventure, or misadventure as it almost became.  We decided to meet Jason and Rachel for dinner half way.  They are in Englewood New Jersey so we settled on New Brunswick.  Taking Route 1 is direct and only about 30 miles.  The New Jersey Turnpike is out of the way, about 15 miles extra but no lights but possible traffic jams.  I decided on Route 1, which was packed and a mistake.  It took us almost 2 hours to get there!  Needless to say, my family was not thrilled with me.  I was lucky though, we ended up having a great time.  Jason and Rachel are always fun and Old Man Rafferty's on Rutger's campus was an excellent place.  
 We passed by a bar that had some outdoor games.  Of course Jason had to challenge Aden!
 Rutgers seemed like a really nice place.





 Somebody didn't seem to notice it was almost 9 already!
  We took the turnpike home and it took about 45 minutes door to door.  You live, you learn.
 Sunday morning, the kids were fighting over my phone.


 We went to my parent's house for a visit.  My dad taught Aden how to carve a pumpkin.

 Hungry Hungry Hippos.
 Aden makes himself at home.  We have to leave, it's pumpkin time!

No comments: