Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Man and His Pigeons

Surprise!  We were in Florida for the weekend.  We had a Bat Mitzvah in Coral Springs so we made a trip out of it.  We left last Thursday evening.  Southwest, which is the only airline we have flown in about 8 years, cut back on flying to South Florida.  I hadn't flown US Air in many years and was dreading it.  And I was right to be worried.  It sucked.  It was the first time we ever had to pay for bags, which is dumb, and the whole boarding process was awful.  I was surprised they still give you drinks but no snacks of course.  
The kids did pretty well.  Aden kept to himself most of the trip but then got a little sick towards the end.  Ariel also lost it eventually too.  We didn't get to my parent's house till well after 10.  Little did we know every night would be really late for all of us.
Friday morning Ariel and I walked Amy to the salon to get her nails done.  Here we are crossing the Hillsboro Bridge.
 Posing while mommy was busy.


 Then we headed to the beach across the street from the house.
 Ariel didn't remember being here.  Hard to believe it's been a year and a half.  
 It was warm and windy and not very crowded.
 I took some shots with my zoom lens.


 What's with the pigeons?  

 Back to the close up lens.
 Aden didn't come out.  He just rested.


 I didn't bring my waterproof camera so I don't have any pictures of Ariel's first time really in an ocean.  It was 87 degrees!  We went in really far.  She loved it.  Laughed every time a wave hit us.  She didn't want to get out.
 We grabbed Aden and headed to the community pool.  
 The kids had fun swimming.




 I will finish off Friday tomorrow!


No comments: