Monday, July 19, 2010

Practice Wedding

For those of you waiting for the party pictures, you will have to wait a little longer. Adam took hundreds of pictures, so it's going to take me a bit of time to edit them down. We couldn't be any happier with how the day turned out. Aden woke up with a cold and and a puffy, scabby lip because of the fall on Friday, but that didn't stop him from having so much fun. From the moment we arrived at the gym, he was a little ball of excitement. The smile never left his face, especially with his two girlfriends Chloe and Liana there! But more on that later.

Friday night, we had Melissa and Mark's aufruf at the synagogue. It was a shabbat service where Melissa and Mark were given a special pre-wedding blessing. It was a very nice service, but as it was shabbat, I did not take any pictures. Melissa was in purple too! The girls looked great.

Saturday morning, we headed to my parent's house to swim.

It was over 90, so the pool was the place to be. Amy's family came too.

It was nice to be in a pool for a change.

Aden played near the water, but didn't quite get in it.

We have to work on that.

Saturday night, Amy and I went to Lori and Tim's wedding at the Sheraton Society Hill. My mom grew up with Lori's mom and I grew up with Lori.

The cocktail hour was partly outside. It was a nice night.

Lori's cousin Reed in an old friend of Amy's.

My mom has pictures of Lori and I in the tub together!

We took notes for Melissa. This was like a practice wedding for us.





Lori's 2 year old nephew was part of the wedding and was running around the whole night. I wonder how long Aden will be able to stay up.



My parents.

My parent's Florida buddies.

It was a fun night. We got home around 1 and of course had to get up in a few hours for Aden's party!

No comments: