Monday, January 13, 2014

Why Are the Goalies Fat?

It's Monday night and I can see The Bachelor out of the corner of my eye while I'm typing and it's hard to keep from getting distracted.  Wow there are some pretty girls!  I stayed home today with Ariel.  She threw up last night.  The two of us were up the whole night but surprisingly neither of us were able to sleep during the day.  She seems better though.

Saturday afternoon Amy took Ariel for haircut #2 which is crazy as Aden probably had about 20 by now.
 While the girls were busy at the salon, I took Aden to his first Flyer's game!  He really had no idea what hockey was but he seemed excited.
 I was shocked to see a Lorenzo's Pizza stand.  I lived near the original Lorenzo's in the City and ate there all the time.  The taste brought back such memories!  The slice was almost as big as Aden!
 Good old Lauren Hart singing the national anthem.
 The place took a while to fill up, but it did.
 Aden loved it!  He was full of questions.  He wanted to know why the goalies were so fat!  I had to explain pads.  The one thing I was not expecting was how much he hated all the noise when the Flyers scored.  I think it scared him.  After that he was rooting for the other team!
 He liked to watch the Zamboni.

 My fat goalie!
 Let's go shopping!
 He got his first jersey!
 Then an ice cream sundae.  Man it's fun to be five.
 The Flyers almost came back but ended up losing.
 Better luck next time.
 When we got home he asked if we was still punished because of what happened at soccer.  They don't forget anything.
 A little play before the babysitter came.
 Cute.
 Amy made Ariel pizza but she kept insisting on an ice cream sandwich.  Amy finally gave in and gave her both.  She went back and forth.  Yuck.
 She always wins!
 Date night at the Pineville Tavern.  We had been wanting to try it.  It was a fun place.

No comments: