Friday, October 14, 2016

Grateful Wedding

It's Thursday night.  It's thankfully a pretty quiet weekend ahead. We all need to catch up on sleep.  I think we finally have the Halloween costumes figured out.  I tried to get them going back in August and now we only have 2 weeks.  This post will be a little different.  No babies.  We had a nice grown-up night.  

My cousin Jessica got married at the Glen Foerd on the Delaware. An old mansion in Northeast Philadelphia on the river.  I had heard about it but had never been there.  It's kind of a bummer that it turned out to be a rainy day.  It's a beautiful setting but everything had to be moved indoors.  Here comes the bride!  Her mom is my mom's baby cousin.  
 There wasn't room for everyone to watch the ceremony.  I poked my head in the door and got a couple of shots.
 Mazel Tov!
 There was some great food during the cocktail hour.
 A glimpse of a photoshoot with the bride and groom.
 We tried to get some shots of the family.  Here's the bride with Amy and I and Bev and cousins Jen and Mike.
Throwing in my first cousins Rebecca and Eric.
 My parents with aunt Fran and cousins Cheryl and Bob.
 Big cousin picture.
My grandmother's sister and grandmother of the bride.
We then walked through the raindrops to the tent for the party.  It was so pretty outside.  

 Looking back at the mansion.


 The view from the tent.
 My beautiful bride of almost 10 years!
 The tent was very pretty.


 First dance.
 The groom in the air.
 We had a fun time dancing and eating.  
 And more dancing.
 The cake cutting from afar.  
 Silly pictures.
The band was amazing.  Jessica and Greg met at a Phish show and love them and the Grateful Dead.  The band threw in some really cool psychedelic songs in with the standard Motown hits.  
The Grateful Dead's Scarlet Begonias.

It was a long night for us to be away.  Too long for a teenage sitter so thankfully Amy's mom helped too.  
We got back and Aden was still up.  3 out of 4 isn't bad.  Have a great weekend!

No comments: