Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Birria Tacos

Last Wednesday night, I worked from 8-12 to prep for my birria tacos.  This is what I was aiming for...
It took a lot of ingredients.  
First I made the tomato, pepper, onion and garlic base.  
Then I smoked a bunch of random meat.  I tried to get ones with bones so the marrow would make the stock richer.  
I added the meat and the base and the broth and let it simmer for 3 hours.  

I was finally able to go to bed when the meat was shredded and the broth was strained and smooth.  

Last Thursday, Ariel had cheer.  Let's see some tumbling!



Good bullseye Eli!
It was time to make the tacos on my Chud press.  I dipped the tortillas in the sauce then fried them in the fat I had removed from the sauce.  
Then added meat and cheese.  
Then folded it and pressed.  They were great!
Yum!
Noah built an Eiffel Tower.
While Eli made a dance party.  

 

No comments: