Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Sunday was my birthday! I will talk about that later. Today is my sister's birthday! Four years and a day younger than me. Let's discuss our crazy weekend...

Friday night, Amy and I dropped off Aden at my parent's then headed to Pittsburgh for Melissa's wedding luncheon! Melissa, Clarisse and Mark drove, which takes about 5 hours. We flew, and even though we left at the same time and the flight is less than an hour, we arrived at the same time. The problem was the trips to and from the airports were so long. Saturday morning, we dropped off the girls at D'Imperio's.

Mark's mom Marsha wanted Melissa to come out and meet her friends before the wedding and threw a beautiful luncheon.

While the girls were eating, Mark took me, his brother and grandfather to Primanti Brothers.

It's something Pittsburgh is famous for and can often be seen on the Food Network.

The deal is that whatever sandwich you order comes with french fries, cole slaw, tomatoes and provolone cheese on top! I got the #2 best seller, the Pitts-Burger Cheese Steak.

Here it is! I guess I should have skipped breakfast.

The waitress was super friendly and wished me luck!

About a half hour later, I had made it through half the sandwich. It was actually really good! Just so filling. I ended up eating most of it. There was a table of bikers sitting near us. I thought it might be fun to start a fight but Mark talked me out of it.

I think I could have taken the one on the scooter!

After lunch, we went back to get the girls. Mark got Melissa some pretty flowers.

Melissa, Amy and Clarisse had a great time meeting all the women, many of whom are going to drive in for the wedding.





The proud mother-in-law.

They are all so pretty!

Lucky I brought the sweater. It was a lot colder than we were expecting. It was in the 40's and we actually saw snowflakes! It had been in the 80's the day before!

We then went on a tour of the city, which you will see in the next post!

No comments: