Saturday, February 16, 2008

Finally Back in Florida

So we got to my parent's place in Florida at 12:30 at night. It was a long day. There was a car fire on 95 South so Amy and I both had a hard time getting back to the City to get ready to go to the airport, so of course we rushed and forgot things. The plane was delayed an hour but we only arrived a half hour late, not too bad.

We got up and got ready and went to Temple Beth El in Boca Raton. These are the houses behind our place.




A nice piece of ground on the water for us to build!?!




My cousin Laura was getting Bat Mitzvahed. So I asked her mother why the service was starting at 11:30, which seemed late. She says, "we don't do 9:00!" Laura ran the entire service and Amy and I had parts. It was very nice. Here is the sanctuary after everyone left:


The bus taking the kids to the party at the Boca Country Club.


Boca Country Club


Such a beautiful day, we didn't want to go inside!


The place cards were chocolate bars.


During the cocktail hour, we sat outside, too nice to be inside.


Pool


Should have played some golf.


Mini claw games were everywhere.


The parents and the mc. He was funny. They were playing games and he was like, let's play spin the bottle and starts giving directions then was like oops wrong party.


The Bat Mitzvah girl.


Dancing


My parents and grandmother.


Laura and I.




My grandmother and her sister in law Edith.


My mom's first cousin Kenny and his son Jared.


My mom's first cousin Gary and his family, Jen Steph and Claudia and her mother. They live in Miami and we don't get to see them enough. Gary looks just like his father, my grandmother's brother.


Debbie, another mom first cousin, and Jack.


Debbie's oldest Amy, she's in college. I was in this room at her Bat Mitzvah 7 years ago.


Debbie's middle daughter Julia.


Cool shot.


We always get stuck at the drawbridges trying to get back to the beach.

No comments: