Monday, February 18, 2008

Welcome to Miami

So it was a little rainy when we got up and we figured it wouldn't be a beach day (boy we were wrong) so we decided to go to my favorite place, South Beach. It's about 40 minutes door to door, not too far.


You can see Miami on the horizon. I95 is 5 or 6 lanes each direction and everyone drives fast.


Off in the distance is Joe Robbie Stadium where the Dolphins and Marlins play. We were there a few years ago for Phillies game, what a dump.


Welcome to Miami. I always try and take a picture of this sign but traffic moves so fast.


We parked on top of a parking garage. You can see all the cool Miami Beach hotels. The Delano is in the middle. One of the coolest hotels and co-owned by Madonna. I love to hang out there at night.




Lincoln Road Mall. It's a pedestrian mall about 6 blocks long. Great stores and cafes.




I know I keep saying favorite but it really is my favorite place and this is my favorite restaurant Nexxt Cafe. Their menu is huge and bears a strong resemblance to the menu at the Cheese Cake Factory. Such a strong resemblance that the CCF sued them! Amy is trying to look cool. We ate outside of course.










So of course we are noticing strollers. What do you think about this one? Looks pretty intense.


The Holocaust Memorial.


The Miami skyline from the bridge to the beach.


This is where the Goodyear Blimp lives. If seen it being parked there, really cool!


We got back and Amy fell asleep so I went to the pool.




My parents took a customer out to dinner and left my grandmother with Amy and I. We had Italian. On the way out we saw this truck.


It was too early to go back and we had tons of carbs to work off so we went to the Mizner Center and walked around. If you ever want to see cool cars, this is the place to come. In front of Max's was a Lamborghini and a Mercedes SLR.

No comments: