Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Momentous Day

We probably should have done this a while ago as Aden's legs were several inches past the end of the seat, but we made the change from the infant car seat to the regular car seat. It's amazing how much bigger the new seat is. Aden should be much more comfortable and safe. We went with the Recaro seats. The same people that make the racing seats. They are highly rated and looked really comfortable. Anybody have any experience with them?

Aden's first time in the seat. He was unsure for a while but then seemed to really like it.

Of course he was also distracted by the teething. The two top front teeth are almost through!

Are we ready to go out and celebrate daddy's birthday?

It was a nice day and I wanted to eat lunch outside. Of course that is far easier in town but I remembered that the Cheesecake Factory in Willow Grove has outdoor seating.

Luckily, there was no wait and the lunch portion Chinese Chicken Salad was as big and as good as always.

Amy dropped me off at Fast by Feracci where my scooter had been for a few weeks getting tuned up. I had not ridden it in a while, so I was looking forward to the nice long ride home. It was such a nice day. I just need to get a full helmet as it's not fun to get hit in the face by bugs going 50 mph.

That night, we had our first babysitter outside the family. A 17 year old girl who was in Amy's bunk at Southampton Day Camp 10 years ago. She was a sweet girl and did a really nice job. She had to work with Aden a little to get him to fall asleep and she was able to do it. Amy only called once and everything was fine. Are we being too generous at $12 per hour? We met Jaime and Abby at the new Christines in Huntingdon Valley. Actually, the same Christines that's in Yardley. The food was good but I thought a little overpriced for the burbs.

After dinner, we headed over to Kenny's to meet Melissa and Mark, Adam, Ellen, Jenn and Beverly. It was the first time we saw Jenn pregnant. She looked great.

We had a few drinks but then we started to wonder if Lauren had a driving curfew, which she did but she lives around the corner and wasn't worried.

But we headed out anyway. I had a fun birthday. Nice and relaxing and I got to be with close friends and family. Aden bought me a massage, which I am super excited about and will try and use this week. I will get to Sunday shortly.

No comments: