Monday, May 15, 2017

Intentional Shark Fishing is Illegal

When I left you we were just finishing up at the plantation.  We had about a 1/2 drive to the beach so I stopped for hot boiled peanuts!  Amy wasn't thrilled.  I thought they were good.  
 We almost gave up.  The one bridge to get to the beach was backed up for miles.  We persevered though.  All the locals told us to go to Sullivan beach, which was further, but quieter but we chose Folly Beach, which was very touristy.  Since it would be our only chance to see a beach, we figured we wanted to go to the place that was a bit more happening and had restaurants and live music.  
 First we had a late lunch.  I got fried chicken and biscuits with grits.  Yummy.
 The town was cute.
 The beach!
 Amy was impressed with the sand.  She's a very tough sand critic.  
 I was just happy to have my toes in any sand.

 The water was warm!
 Amy rested for a but while I walked around.  
 Then we walked on the pier above us.
 Hard to see but there was a band playing.  We got some ice cream.


 Ok...
 We saw pelicans.  Yay.  The pier was huge.  It was a long walk.
 Lots of people fishing.
 I was driving through Charleston!
 Ready for dinner.  These came out nice.

 The Grocery.
 Yum.
 We walked all the way back down King Street.  We couldn't believe how long it was and how much shopping there was!  It was over a mile, in uncomfortable shoes, to get back to Market Square.
 Where we went to Kaminsky's one last time!

No comments: