Monday, July 7, 2008

The Rest of the Weekend

We got up Saturday and it was cool and cloudy. We knew right away it was not going to be a beach day and should have made alternate plans, but we didn't. There were people we should have made an effort to see but we were lazy. We finally dragged ourselves out to lunch and one boutique where Melissa got a couple of things. Amy really misses shopping. When we got back I found out my old friend Eric was in town so Amy and I went to see him. Eric was my next door neighbor growing up, we even have the same birthday! We see his parents all the time on the boardwalk but he lives in LA so it's been a while since we have seen him. His sister Karen was also there with her new baby Amelia. It was nice to catch up.

It was only a short visit as I had to get back to Amy's house to start bbqing as my parents were on their way over.

We had a very nice dinner. Amy and I are lucky that our families get along so well.

We did a video chat with Larry in LA. My grandmother really wanted to see Noah. Larry was feeding him and just put the computer in his face. It was cute. My grandmother was talking to him and clapping and he was responding. That probably blows her mind that she can interact with him when he's so far away.

Hi Noah!

Later that night, Amy wasn't feeling all that great. Mostly back pain, so we decided to stay local. The neighbors across the street throw a big party every year. We could hear the music from inside our place so you can imagine how loud it was when we walked over there. There were a ton of people, mostly drunk, singing karaoke and running around. Everyone wanted to talk to Amy and touch the belly. I think she will miss the attention. Nice people.

Sunday morning we all headed to Aunt Judy's Aunt Judy's house in Ventnor for brunch. Trying saying that 10 times fast.

We will miss Adam and Brianna. They are going back to Atlanta soon.

The boys were busy. I think Amy is a little worried about having a little boy with a lot of energy.

They moved outside to play ball.

Brianna was doing Alex's nails and eyes and lipstick. I asked her to do my nails and she said, "not for boys!"

Hey Mark! What's that in the background?

On the way back we passed by Dino's and Jagielky's. MMMMMMMMMMMM.

Judy's neighbor, who is also a neighbor from home got a puppy this weekend. So we went to play with her.

It's amazing how much Brianna loves Murray now.

We just packed up and drove home because it wasn't very nice out. We did stop on the way and make quite a purchase. More on that later...

No comments: