Thursday, March 5, 2009

We Moved!!!

I am sitting in the family room on Hope Road at 10:00 trying to stay awake.  The move went very well.  It has not sunk in yet so I won't deal with the emotional stuff right now.  I really couldn't sleep at all last night.  Neither could Aden so he helped us pack.

Some shots of me and my little boy in the middle of the disarray.

I really am going to miss this place.

Amy's parents came down and took Aden home with them.  Amy had talked to Dr. McNett earlier in the day and he said it was important Aden should not be around during the move.  Not that we had planned on having him there, he was just making sure.  Amy picked up some food from our favorite Greek place on South Street.  It wasn't quite the Palm but it brought back such warm memories.

Aden was all ready to go.  We didn't tell him it was for the last time.  I'm getting pretty choked up here.

The last family shot at 1107 South Street.

Here's a flashback to Aden's first time at the condo at 5 days old.

Here we are seven months later.  He's hardly changed at all!  I was proud of us.  We really cracked down and packed well.  Amy is a pro and wrapping glasses in bubble wrap but not the greatest at making boxes.  She fell asleep by midnight, but I couldn't sleep at all.  Look for part 2 later.

No comments: