Thursday, July 6, 2023

Aden is Off

Last Friday, Aden and I got a call at 2 am.  His flight was going to be delayed until the afternoon and we were no longer meeting at 4 am.  Aden was excited and went back to sleep.  I was shaken by the phone ringing at 2 am and could not fall back asleep.  It was the beginning of 2 days of lost sleep.  I woke Aden up around 9:30 and we wandered around Queens looking for a diner.  We had nice breakfast.  
Aden complained about walking around but I knew he was going to be stuck inside for like 12 hours.  We tried to remember all the movies filmed in Queens.  
We went to the airport at 1 even though the plane wasn't due in until after 6.  There were 31 kids leaving from there.  The rest were at other airports.  
I met and bonded with some of the parents while the kids did some ice breaking themselves.  
Here they come.
Have the best trip buddy!
I left at 3 and it took me 3 hours to get home.  It really should take an hour and a half.  The traffic was awful and it was smokey out.  Could barely see New York.
Finally made it home.  Melissa and Mark were meeting their friends at Shadybrook Farms to listen to the love music and celebrate Melissa's birthday so Amy and I crashed.  Look at these hot girls!
It was a lovely night.  




Me and the college girls.  



Camp pics.  


Love this one.  
Have a great weekend!

 

No comments: