Thursday, June 5, 2008

A belly shot this morning.  We are now at 34 weeks!  Getting close!  She has a field trip to the Churchville Nature Center today.  Hopefully it doesn't rain.  And hopefully Joey is absent today!  


I went with guys from work to the packaging show in New York the other day.  That's Bill in the red.


The Jacob Javits Center


Look at the first booth we came across.  No relation though.


The people we buy our buckets from were there.  Last we saw them, they were taking us to the Capital Grill in Orlando in December.  They want us to buy these little ones.  Very cute.  Not fun to put all those little lids on, but very cute.


They had many robots there.  I had fun watching them, but this was my favorite.  You point it to a pallet that needs wrapping, it goes over and runs in circles around the pallet wrapping it.  I have a video clip I will try and put up.  


The show was not very big.  I was hoping there would be more actually packaging, so we could find some new ways to package our stuff, but it was mostly filling machines.  We are going to start putting UPC codes on all of our stuff to help with the inventory.  Several of the vendors had UPC label printers, which we think will work great for us.  We then headed back to Penn Station and ran into Brother Jimmy's BBQ.


It was finger lickin' good!


The craziness that is New York.




We finished lunch at 1:45.  There was a 2:00 train and a 3:00 train.  The 2:00 was a local and the 3:00 was an express.  I wanted to take the 3:00 so we could have some more time in NY, plus locals are never on time.  My dad insisted we leave at 2 so we could get back to work.  Well, all I can say is "I told you so."  Not only was the train very behind schedule, it broke down!  They turned it off, so no air conditioning for over and hour.  Finally they had us get off the train and brought in a new one.  Here is everyone getting off.


Our guys are under the sign.  It was hot and sunny.  We didn't get back to our cars in Trenton until 5:30.  We were due in at 3:15!  The express made it in at 4.  My dad and I had the Philllies tickets but were so hot, tired and drained that we didn't go.


Last night we were at Amy's house for the crazy thunderstorms.  The pool almost over- flowed!

No comments: