Thursday, June 26, 2008

Storksak

Yes, you may say I'm crazy, but not only did I want a diaper bag of my own, I wanted the one being carried by Brad Pitt.  (Matt Damon also uses it)  The Storksak Jamie Expresso (the brown one)  It's leather on the outside but the inside is wipeable and washable.  It has 2 insulated compartments that will keep something warm or cold for 5 hours and a leather trimmed changing pad!  I'm going to be one stylish dad.  I ordered it from the company in London and it should be here shortly.

Well the baby's room starting take shape.  Here are the before pictures again.  Amy's old furniture that Melissa had been using.  

The big giant desk which I spent weeks taking apart.  Also notice the tv and stand in the corner.  A funny thing happened with that a few nights ago.

One more before shot.  As you can see there was very little room to get around.

The night we went to El Vez, Melissa and Mark came over.  Mark is great at moving things.  He's pretty strong.  First we swung the bed around.

Then we took out the tv and stand.  The tv worked well enough but it was about 20 years old and big and took up too much room.  I decided just to put it out in the trash.  The City trash pick-up was the next day across the street.  Mark says they won't even make it across the street before someone will want them.  You know, he was right.  He was literally in the middle of the street carrying the tv and some guy ran up and asked if he could have it!  Turns out it was the guy from the Jamaican store across the street.  He was all excited.  He was going to put it in the window and play Bob Marley concerts.  I will have to post a picture of all these rasta guys sitting on the street across from my place watching my old tv.

The three drawer thing is next for the trash.  That is where the changing table will go.  We also set up the bassinet that Jen gave us.  That is where the crib will go.  We will have the bassinet in our room.  Look how much extra room there is now.  Plenty for the glider and ottoman.

The bassinet is really cool.  Daisy the nurse will be surprised to see it.  Jen used her also for both boys so she has seen it before.

No comments: