Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Close Encounter with a Humu

We slept in. I'm able to sleep till 7:30 now. We had a snorkling trip at 11:30 so we really couldn't do much in the morning. We stopped by the mall for coffee and a bagel then drove to the nearby city of Kehei. What a difference a few miles makes. It's like going from Beverly Hills to South Central. Kehei wasn't very nice. but that's where the dock was. It was a zodiac boat like last week. About 10 of us. A very quick ride to Molokini. It's a moon shaped crater in the ocean. Tons of fish hang out there. Since I broke my digital camera, I had to buy a film underwater camera so those pics will have to wait. Amy liked it. We saw tons of fish. I think I even saw a humuhumunukunukuapaa'a. I can't wait to see the pics. So I really don't have much fun to show today. Tomorrow will be better, surfing lessons!






The water was so clear you didn't even need to get off the boat.


Our hotel is the one with the blue roof.






You can just about make out on the beach a wedding couple having their pics taken. Their party was outside at the hotel. They walked by us and we chatted. They were from the South and very sweet. They wanted to know if we just got married and if we had any advice for them. We told them to enjoy themselves.



We had dinner at Stella Blue, a Grateful Dead inspired place. Very good. We came back to the hotel and the wedding was still going on. The band was good. We stayed nearby and danced!

No comments: