Sunday, July 8, 2007

Fairmount Orchid and Kona

This is now Saturday night. I couldn't get the net to work this morning at the hotel but it's working great at the bed and breakfast we are at, but more about that later. Amy wanted a "Honeymoon" day. (i.e. no running around and being pampered). We had breakfast at the hotel. The menu is below. $12 for a cup of coffee isn't that bad?! She really liked it though. I tried it, tasted like coffee, albeit pure Kona coffee put through a French press. The hotel was beautiful, very elegant and Japanese. We walked around the grounds. Very green surrounded by very black lava. The chairs by the pool with covers were $50. $100 by the ocean. I guess you need a nice place to eat your $25 hamburger. We did though have a great day laying by the pool, in our free, coverless chair.








I went snorkling and saw a bunch of fish gathered around something. I swam over to see what. It was a big sea turtle. I look around me and I'm surrounded by turtles! Of course I just heard that morning that it's a $10,000 fine to touch one. What about if they touch me? Here are some on the beach, you can see if you enlarge.


You can see the volcano on Maui on the horizon. Pretty cool. I guess it will be a short flight.



We drove into downtown Kona to shop and see the sunset while eating. A little different then Kauai.



People take little white rocks and write out words. Most are people loving other people or graduates.


If you blow this one up, you will see "Melissa!"


The rain is coming over the volcano! It never rains here but for the last three months, it's rained a lot.


Rainbow


Golf guy.


In town. It was raining on one side the the street and not the other.




Huggos! A bit touristy but apparently you need to go there. Sits out on the water so you can watch the sunset. We had a very nice meal.




Tomorrow - Volcanoes!

No comments: