Friday, March 14, 2008

Star Wars

Driving home from work, I saw this.  Now that is a drive!


Amy and I met the Collaborative at the Bamboo Lounge.  A nice shot of the Comcast Center.  My old office was across the street and I watched it being built.  Pretty cool.


The city is covered by these huge murals.


After cocktails, of which poor Amy had none, we walked over to the Franklin Institute for the science of Star Wars exhibit.  That's Darth Vader on the steps.


Ben


Amy was a good sport, she went for me.


It was full of original props.  Here is the land speeder.


They are tall!


I couldn't get Amy to distract the guards so I could take R2-D2.  This was the one from the first movie.  Cool.


The Millenium Falcon




Harrison Ford's uniform.


So this is the original Darth Vader costume.  Something caught my eye and I got closer...


The buttons are labeled in Hebrew!  I can read it but I'm not sure what it means.  What do you think about that?  I have to look it up on the 'net to see what the story is behind it.  


Imperial Star Destroyer.  The engines in the back are the tops of the Leggos stocking containers from the 70's!




This is Scott.  Another ex-boyfriend of Amy's that we are friendly with!  We are having dinner with him tonight.

No comments: