Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bye Janet!

So I went to my first big City retirement party. Janet the Procurement Commissioner called it a career after 41 years! I worked with the Procurement Department the most when I worked for the City and Janet was always a pleasure to work with. it's pretty crazy to think she was in charge of all the purchases and construction for the 5th biggest City in the country. It was a fun party with a really good buffet and dj. There were several speeches from her original supervisors. They were talking about the trouble they used to get into or cause back in the 60's. I would love to see what they all looked like back then. Janet is going to Kauai soon with some friends so I showed them pictures on my iPod and told them what to do. I'm going to miss our monthly meetings and the great candy she always provided!



No comments: