Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Watch That Bus!

So back to work after a long weekend. Friday I left early to go to the OB with Amy. I will post some neat pics from that later. Yesterday, I sat as an arbitrator. I had 2 cases. The first was a lemon law case. I hate those. It usually means someone's car had a lot of problems and the attorneys insist on going through every repair bill even though I get the point after the first 10. That case was from about 9:30 to 11:30. Then right into the second case. I really should have brought a snack because I didn't get out of there until after 2. This time it was a school bus that got into an accident. One of the kids was injured and was suing. The bus was going up the right lane on Ridge. The defendant car was in the left lane. A car in front of the defendant car stopped to make a left, so defendant tried to move into the right right in front of the bus. It was too close, the bus couldn't stop and they hit. There was a video from inside the bus and you couldn't see the accident but you could see the kids getting thrown around. It was pretty scary. The woman driving the car said the bus driver should have anticipated that she would want to change lanes! The nerve of her. She was five months pregnant and she was playing chicken with a bus. Her attorney says there was no way she could have avoided the accident. How about staying in your freakin' lane and waiting for the person to turn! Needless to say, I found against her. I did get to stop by my old office and visit. That was a bit strange but I was happy to see everyone.

This is me at the Arb Center. Amy always wondered what I looked like there.


No comments: