Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Hey Jerry!

It's Wednesday night.  Time to take out the trash.  The summer is winding down.  How sad is that?  It's still hot and humid but I'm not complaining.  It will be cold enough before too long.  The boys will be 3 1/2 on Sunday.  That's Elmo's age!  I remember taking Ariel's picture that day holding Elmo.  That went fast.  Now she's almost 7. Here's big post that's all over the place.

Building towers before camp.
 Haircut for Ariel!

Love it!

 Back in July 1989, I went to see the Grateful Dead which would turn out to be the last concert at JFK Stadium (RIP) before it was knocked down.  You can see it in the distance behind Veterans Stadium (RIP) and the Spectrum (RIP).

I totally remember being at the show.  It was so hot.  Anyway, last week, they played that particular concert at movie theaters across the country.  Of course I had to go!  The video was kind of grainy and crappy but it sounded amazing!  It was so good to see Jerry Garcia again.  It happened to also be Jerry's 76th birthday.  



 You can kind of make out those banners around the stage.  They were just recently sold at auction!  I totally would have gotten one but they were about 30 feet long!  What would I do with that?
 I looked for myself in the crowd.  Yeah right.
 Wow, he actually practiced clarinet.

 I was on the treadmill at the gym and it started pouring.
 All the people around the pool ran away.  The ones in the hot tub stayed.
 My cousins visited my grandmother.
 Then we met them at the Phillies game, which is becoming a yearly tradition.  

 Cute!
 We got food and got to our seats.

 Then it started pouring!
 It only lasted about a half hour.
 That just gave us more time to talk and play and eat.






 Take that tarp off!

 Look who got tired on the way home.
We didn't even know the Phils won on a home run by the last batter until we got home!  My car doesn't have an AM radio!

No comments: