Thursday, May 29, 2008

The First Year is Over - Need a New Blog Name!

So a year ago, I took the top of the wedding cake and very carefully wrapped it.  I put it in my in-law's garage freezer for safe keeping so that we could eat it on our first anniversary.  I went to get it the other day and it was gone!  They threw it out!  What's up with that?  I had another piece of the cake in my freezer which I had been picking at on and off.  It was not wrapped well.  In fact, it was just open to the freezer.  But it was all I had.  I carefully cut out the middle part and brought it to La Viola.


Dave and Danielle joined us for dinner.  I had passed by here many times but had never eaten here.  


Look at Amy's smile!


The food was excellent.  


Here is our piece of wedding cake.  It was really good when it was fresh.  How would it taste after a year?  We would soon find out.


We got a back up dessert just in case, but the cake was a big hit!  Dave actually ate most of it.  He said the fondant on the outside tasted like all the stuff in the freezer but the cake itself was not that bad!


I can't wait to try their cake in January!


How cute does she look?


While driving Dave and Danielle back to University City, the sky got black and then it rained.


No comments: