Thursday, May 8, 2008

Let's Go Deep Pockets!


The City of Philadelphia Law Department, where I worked for a number of years, has a softball team which plays in the City lawyer league.  We are called the Deep Pockets because everyone sues the City assuming it has deep pockets!  Most of the teams have funny names.  It's always fun getting out there and playing every Summer.  Our home field is on the Belmont Plateau in Fairmount Park.  I know, I don't work there anymore, but they said they would love to have me back.  This is probably better than trying to play ice hockey with the guys from Jonas.  I don't think I'm ready for that yet!  So we had our first game the other day.  I was the pitcher!  It's slow pitch, so don't be that impressed.   You'll be even less impressed to learn we lost 19-6.  The girls on our team played great, it was the guys that didn't show up.  Oh well, there is always next week.  I will have to get someone to take pics of me.



We have a really young group this year.  Lots of new faces.  No one seemed to realize they hadn't seen me since October.




Happy Birthday Leslie!!!  Amy and I drove out to Chestnut Hill to meet Leslie and Keith at the Trolley Diner on Germantown.  They had walked over with some people from Keith's school to get some ice cream and celebrate her birthday.  It was great to see them!  Good luck on your finals Keith!


Amy and I stayed and ate at the diner.  The chicken was a little dry but I liked the collard greens.


Of course we had to get ice cream, and apparently do a little dancing.

No comments: