Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Not

It's Wednesday night and normalcy is returning.  My parents, Amy's parents, Bev and my grandmother all have their power back.  It's still out in the area and driving is not easy but people are trying their best.  Halloween was postponed by the township until next week.  I sent a mass email to our neighborhood suggesting we go ahead with trick or treating tonight as we are a self contained street that never lost power and had no damage.  Some of the neighbors were with me but a bunch thought we should listen to the township and I was overruled.  I live with a bunch of goodie goodies!  One person even said we should have solidarity with our community.  As far as I can tell, the community is not happy we never lost our power.

Anyway, back to Tuesday morning.  I went to check on my grandmother and parents.  It was difficult crossing Street Road without traffic lights.
What a mess.
This was a common scene.
Bev and my grandmother came over for some heat and warm food.
Aden and I made brownies.

Wednesday morning, Amy wanted to take some Halloween pictures.  It was Ariel's first!




Aden was finally back in school.  All the local school districts will be closed for the week.  For the second year in a row, the Halloween parade at Breezy Point was cancelled.  Instead they just had parties in the classrooms.  
Our little ninja.





They all had fun.  I guess we will have to wait for trick or treating.

No comments: