Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Smoked Chicken

Here is Tuesday's post!  It's a long one.  Back to a week ago Saturday.  After football and cheer we came home to a sad sight.  Aden's best friend Jason was moving out.  Luckily he will be close by.
Aden had a birthday party at his friend Dylan's.  We decided to walk over and check it out.  
We took that secret path we discovered earlier in the summer.  
We weren't expecting this!  I had to run home to get bathing suits for the kids.  


Eli and his poop.  

The big girls loved Ariel and ran around with her.  
Ariel in the cold pool!
Eli and Ariel were in the hot tub with the girls.  
Aden jumped in!


Aden is going to be quite the ladies man I have a feeling.  

Walking back.  
That night we went to dinner at Solstice with Dave and Julia.  It was chilly outside but the food was good and we had fun.  
Sunday morning I took out my latest toy.  My Asmoke Smoker.  I had to do the initial burn off.  
Then we played outside.  



Our neighbor is a chiropractor.  He brought some of the tape for Ariel's ankle so she wouldn't have to wear the brace as much.  

The first Eagles game of the year.  Luckily, I guess, it wasn't a great game so I was able to spend time outside cooking.  
I decided to go with chicken for my first smoke because it takes less time than meat but you really have to baby it.  
I had brined it the night before and spent about 5 hours smoking and basting the chicken.  
It's Honey!


Aden is as tall as Melissa!
Getting close to Amy!
Almost done!
Did the steak on the regular grill.  I have to say, the chicken might have been the best thing I ever made!  It was so juicy and smokey.  
Kid's table.  
We had a project for the kids.  

Smores time!
I got a nice fire going.  

Why does summer have to end?

 

No comments: