Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Visiting Day

It's Tuesday night.  Aden had a late basketball practice tonight.  This is going to be a long season.  The games go through the end of March!  We had Aden's and Ariel's parent teacher conferences today.  Ariel's teacher adores her and says that Ariel is an amazing judge of people and knows just how to act around everyone.  She's also crazy strong in math which we were pretty shocked by.  Aden's teacher said he's Mr. Cool.  Nothing seems to get to him.  He just does what he needs to do.  Speaking of school, last week we got to visit the elementary school.  

First I went to Ariel's class.
I absolutely adore her teacher and I love seeing how she interacts with Ariel.
 Then it was Aden's room.  Much more independent learning.
 Love those Chrome books.  
 I had a monster day at the gym later that day.  Just need to brag because it's so not me.  I got the most activity points I ever got in one day.
 A well deserved chill on the sofa with my boys.


 The next afternoon, I went back to school with Amy.



 You can take Amy out of the school but you can't take the school out of Amy.  She jumped right in and helped teach.


 Back to Aden's room.
 We looked at noble gasses through a linear diffraction grating to guess which gasses we were looking at.  Pretty cool!
 After we left, the kids had a Veteran's Day presentation.  
 A kid in her classes's dad was a Navy pilot.  Ariel for to try on his helmet and hat.  Cool.
 That night I went to the adult class at the School of Rock.  I was told the students were all skill levels but they were all amazing.  I snuck out.  Maybe to return in 5 years or so.
Wednesday morning Eli wanted to be carried down again.  
 My parents joined my at the kid's school for a bit.  They got a kick out of seeing everything.   Back to Wednesday on the next post.
Here's a funny thing cousin Sandy sent us.  She went to a Bar Mitzvah of twins.  I think we found our theme for Noah and Eli's Bar Mitzvah!

No comments: