Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mazel Tov!

Saturday morning, Amy and I took the train up to New York for the second time in 3 weeks. Howard and Jen got married about a month ago in Philly in front of mostly family. Today was the party for their friends.

We walked through Macy's to get to the subway to head downtown.

Sammy's on the Lower East Side is a traditional Jewish Romanian steak house.

It's been a while since I've been here. Melissa was here a few weeks ago for a birthday party. The 20 something hipsters have discovered the place, which is pretty funny if you ask me.









The happy couple just back from Hawaii.

I love the seltzer bottles. I made myself a really good chocolate egg cream. There was also schmaltz, or more commonly known as chicken fat. There were bottles of vodka and cranberry juice, so more than a few people very wrongly thought the schmaltz was orange juice. Can I have a vodka and fat on the rocks?

Lauren and Max were there too. They also had a birthday party that night there.



Chopped liver!

Prakas! Cabbage filled with meat and rice. Tasty but not too stomach friendly, sorry Amy.

First dance.



Hora! Action shot.



This guy was really funny.



We had fun meeting new people.





Hot cookies and milk. Guess the place isn't Kosher as we had steak for lunch.

My high school buddies Howard and Marshall. Now we need to run home for pre-Thanksgiving dinner!

No comments: