Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Too Many Light Posts

It's Tuesday night.  We stayed up past 12 last night watching the Bachelor.  It was pretty entertaining but I am definitely going to bed early tonight.  Back to a week ago Friday.  I got up early and it was chilly.  
 I took a walk around the hotel to check it out.  It was such a cool place.  



 I then took an Uber over the Hollywood Hills into the Valley to pick up my rental minivan.  I got a little car sick.  Ugh.  How do people live around here?  The Valley looked like a neat place too.  
 I stopped and got myself a yummy doughnut.  
 Then I got some for Amy and Aden.  
 When I got back, Amy and the twins were ready to go.  I showed them around the hotel.  They say that movie stars and musicians sometimes hang out at the back pool.  
 Weddings?  
 We took a walk up the Sunset Strip.  The locals having breakfast were all very fancy looking.  
 We just picked up some stuff at Mel's.  
 THen we drove over to Larry's house.  Aden and Ariel had a fun night there.  Everyone dove into those doughnuts.  
 We then split up.  The girls went to get their nails done, the boys went to explore the city.  We parked at Larry's work garage, which is across the street from the La Brea Tar Pits.  The tar is seeping into the garage!  
 A beautiful, sunny day.  
 We just wandered by the Tar Pits.  We didn't go in.  


 This was fun to explain to the twins.  
 Here's the art museum.  
 Next to that was this.  Bev later told me this is a pretty famous art exhibit.  Lots of her dancers have taken pictures there.  
We took pics
 and selfies!


 Then we walked to the Peterson Car Museum.  I've always wanted to go there.  Such a cool looking place.  
 The first thing we saw was a truck from the Hunger Games.  Aden loved that.  
 Iron Man!
 Of course you aren't allowed to touch anything but that didn't stop Eli.  He jumped right on an antique motorcycle.  The guard ran over so fast and yelled at us.  I said do you have any four year olds?  Let alone two?  What am I supposed to do?  He followed us around the rest of the time.  Nice Bugatti.  
 Batcycle from the 60's.
 KITT!
 They did have some things the kids could play with.  

 Bumblebee! He was huge!
 The original Delorean from Back to the Future.  That's the one I would take.  Even over all the Star Wars vehicles they had.  
 We met up with the girls for lunch at a diner.  

 Back to Larry's to hang some more.  
 Amy is in love with Teddy the dog.  Eli was terrified of her!

 The older two stayed at Larry's for dinner.  Amy and I took the twins back to the Grove.  They wanted to ride on the trolley.  

Here it comes!  I rides through the whole complex.  
 Up to the second level.
 A selfie.  
 Then Amy got a pic.  
 Nice view from up there.  
 We had dinner at the Farmer's Market.  Then we picked up Aden and Ariel and headed back to the hotel.  
 We had two rooms.  This was the one Aden and I shared.  
 Very chic.  

No comments: