Thursday, September 24, 2009

Should It Stay or Should It Go?

So, I finally got a new camera. I have always used the Canon Elphs but I hesitated this time as the reviews of the newest ones were not so good. I came across this one by Samsung that had some neat features. As you can see, it has a screen in the front. It can play videos to keep a kids attention or you can use the front screen to take pictures of yourself, which I do all the time.

There are no buttons, just a giant touch screen. My initial impressions are that's it's neat but it has some issues. While it did a great job of getting Aden to look at the camera, it took the pictures so slow that most came out blurry. Also, it feels delicate, not something I can just keep in my pocket, which is a must for me. I will give it the weekend. Here are some of the better pictures from last night. I will also post some videos.

The first picture. I used the front screen to line up the shot. You don't have to press the shutter. As soon as it detects a smile, it takes the picture. This was before I went to the dentist. I had a cracked tooth in the back and I had to go in so he could explore and see how bad the crack was. If it was really bad, that could mean root canal and crown or extraction. Thankfully, it was not bad and he was able to plug it up right there. My mouth still hurts though :-(

I picked Aden up from school as Amy had a meeting.

See, he's looking right at the camera but it's blurry.

A little better.

On the way to music class. Showing Amy how the self portrait thing works. Usually, I'm off to the side, now nice and centered.

Our first music class of the season. I think it's number 4 overall. Another new cd.

Aden just stared at Ms. Marilyn the whole time.



Belly by Budweiser.



Kind of fuzzy. We marched around outside while Ms. Marilyn sang.







Aden loves this part.

No comments: