Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Shore is Over

It's Monday. Labor Day. I was up before everyone so I went and read the blog from a year ago today. Aden was still so little. I commented that I couldn't wait for next Summer because of how much fun we would have with Aden on the beach. While we did have fun, I think next year will be the year. Then we will be chasing him around and bringing the baby pool. It's rainy today. We will probably just pack up and head home early.

Saturday morning, Eric, Trish and Lucas stopped by to see my grandmother, so we went over also. Lucas, Aden's second cousin, is about 6 months old.

Bubbie was in her glory having two great grandsons around.

For a change, we stayed on the Ventnor beach. My family was there. Plus, Amy's parents wanted to check out the pool at the condo.

Aden enjoys any beach!

It's much quieter here than either Coolidge or Adams where we usually go.



Aden doesn't want his foods cut up small anymore, he wants the whole thing!

A little walking on the beach.

He wanted more something, probably ice cream.

Ok, enough of the beach, let's go to the pool.

There was an impromptu happy hour at the pool. People brought food and drink to share.

Nice view.

We felt bad eating the food as we did not contribute, but that didn't last long, it was too good to hold out! I tried a little of everything!

Bubbie got more quality time.

Grandpop was showing Aden the view.

Hopefully, they will do this again next year.

Post-beach bath.

Clean baby!

Melissa went out to Japanese with her friends. Amy and I went for Japanese with our friends at a different place.

Hibachi!

Adam and Ellen through the smoke.

We had a fun night with Adam and Ellen, Rose and Randy and Bev and of course Rylee and Reese who are asleep behind us in the picture. They were really good. Aden is way past the age where we can have him sit in the stroller while we eat.

Reese woke up! Too cute.

Of course we ended up at the Dairy Bar. We ran into Alan and Ina on the way so they joined us. I couldn't decide what to get. I think I made a poor choice. I needed some chocolate. The girls finally had to go to bed and everybody left, so Amy and I decided to call it a night.

No comments: