Sunday, December 22, 2013

Eva Blake

Well what a weekend we just had.  We are thrilled to announce the  arrival of Eva Blake Sablowsky.  She's a beautiful baby girl and we are already in love with her!  With these first time moms you never know how it's going to go.  Melissa was due last Wednesday.  The contractions started Thursday and lasted into Saturday.  She was finally admitted Saturday around noon.  The dilation was super slow and she didn't start pushing until after 2 am Sunday.  Eva made her appearance about an hour and a half later at 3:44 am.  She's a big girl 7 lbs. 14 oz.  Both our kids were 7 lbs 1 oz.  She's got a head of hair and greyish eyes and some people are saying she looks like daddy!

Here's a picture from the delivery.  The rest I will save for Mark and Melissa.
Amy and I got home around 5:15 am.  Bev was a saint and watched our kids all night.  Of course they were up by 6:30.  So much for sleep.  We dropped them off with my parents and headed back to the hospital by noon.  We found the beautiful baby and her radiant momma.  Look how amazing Melissa looks!  This was about 8 hours after delivery.
 She has great coloring.  She's deceptively calm and quiet here.
 Little feet!
 Uh oh, what's that look in Amy's eyes?  Number 3?

 Amy liked this shot.  I'm laughing and Eva's crying.  They said she was the loudest one in the nursery.  

 Who me?  I don't cry!

 There was an endless stream of well wishes from friends and family.


 Mark?  I think she has Melissa's eyes.
 Grandma number 3!
I didn't want to put her down!  

No comments: