Thursday, December 12, 2013

Buddy the Elf

Well two months of after school practice led us to the big show tonight.  The kindergarteners and the older "before and after" kids put on a musical version of the movie Elf.  Aden wasn't allowed to tell us anything about it so it would all be a surprise.  He did a great job of hiding it from us but he slipped a little last night and gave us a bit of a preview.  The kids all did awesome and it was so cute.  This was the first time since I had kids I did a long form video.  I actually taped the whole 30 minute play.  While that was going I was able to get some pictures and videos on my phone.  Here are the pics.  The videos will follow.

Ms. Maria put the show together.  She will be Ariel's teacher next year!

My family and Amy's family came even though it was only supposed to be two adults per child!  Oops.
 Even Melissa who is in her final week made it!

It was packed!  There were people standing too.
 Let's get the show going!
 Ended up sitting in the right spot.  Right where Aden did most of his performing.  
 I just love his facial expressions.



 The girls did some really nice tap dancing.
 It's a bit fuzzy but you can see Aden running up and giving my mom a kiss during the play!



 The followed the story very closely for about a half hour, when Buddy was about to decorate Gimbels, then it just kind of ended. 

 Aden and his buddies.
 He actually cried tonight before bed that he couldn't believe it was over and he wanted to do it again.  He said he loved singing and dancing in front of people!

No comments: