Thursday, September 6, 2018

Chen and Assaf

It's very late Thursday night.  The first Eagles game was supposed to start at 8:15.  It's after 9 and they haven't started yet because of a rain delay.  I could have gone but just had too much going on tonight including Aden's back to school night.  I will tell you all about his teacher later.  She's pretty amazing.  Aden and Ariel think they are both staying up for this game.  Aden is busy trash talking his cousin Adam in Atlanta.  Anyway, back to a week ago Monday.  We left the shore early and headed to Philly.  Our cousin from Israel was passing through on her honeymoon.  

Here is a picture from Chen and Assaf's wedding.  The girl in red and the boy at the end are Chen's siblings.  
We parked at 4th and Chestnut and waited for them to come.  While we were waiting, I had my mom find and send pictures of the first time I met Chen's parents and grandparents.  
 This was my Bar Mitzvah in Israel in 1984!  We were at the Western Wall.  My grandfather is behind me there.

 That's Chen's grandad.
Chen's grandmom on the left.  My mom in the middle.  My grandmother on the right and my sister in front.
This was the first time my grandfather met his first cousin Zeev.  My grandfather's father came to the US from Romania and his sister went to Israel.  They looked so much alike!  My grandfather's aunt was still alive and we met her too.  

Here's the group at the Wall.  We had a meal later with all the kids who were around my age including Chen's dad.  
 We had a nice lunch and caught up with them.  We even facetimed with some of the cousins from Israel including Chen's grandmom who looked and sounded just like I remember her.  

Ariel took a lot of selfies.
 The twins really loved the revolving doors.  

 We walked to the Franklin Fountain to get some ice cream.  It was super hot out.



 Nothing like ice cream on a hot day.


 So cool.
 She made us pose for selfies.
 Chen.
 Assaf



 We had  lot of fun hanging out with them.
 But then it was time to head home.
 Aden finally got to play on the new basketball court.
 Eli forgot something.
 Have a great weekend!

No comments: