Monday, November 15, 2021

Headed to Nationals!

Back to the Eastern Regionals in Trenton.  We didn't have to wait too long for our girls to go.  I can't publically show the video of the routine until after they are totally done competing this year.  If you want to see it, let me know and I will send you a copy.  Like I said, we were not expecting it to go as well as it could with the missing girls and last minute changes to the routine but I have to honestly say they did great!  This is a mix of my pictures and the official pictures.  

There's our girl.  

She's up in the pyramid.  She had been so worried about it.  
She did great.  

Extensions!



Indians!
Yay!  We did it!
We were then able to meet the girls to hang out and have dinner before the judging.  We had many hours to waste.  
Lots of tumbling in the halls.  
Coach Lynde was happy but not hopeful.  We got to see some of the teams we were against and they were amazing!
Aunt Bev hung out the whole time.  
A quick shot before the girls headed back to where they had to wait.  
This was taken with my telephoto lens.  They were sitting far from us.  If you look just to the right of the center of the picture, you can see Ariel sitting on coach Lynde's lap.  
A closeup!
We waited for hours. 
I checked in on the girls every now and then.  Ariel is standing in that group in the middle.  
They only had the coaches go on to the floor for the judging.  You can see coach Lynde in the middle.  

We somehow came in second!!!


I love Lynde's reaction.


Here's the girls reaction:



We got to meet up with the girls.  Second place is the best!

So happy!  We are going to Florida for the Nationals!  The first team in our area for over 20 years!



 

No comments: