Thursday, April 17, 2008

M for Melissa


Wednesday I sat as an arbitrator in the City.  I don't do that as much anymore but it's still always interesting.  It was the second time SInce October I wore a suit.  It was nice so I walked to the Arbitration Center at 1880 Market Street.  The people there love me and wanted to know everything about Amy.  I was prepared with a bunch of belly shots.  The first case was Lemon Law.  The woman bought a mini-van and almost right away it started pulling to the left.  The dealer tried to fix it 12 times and it still does it, although they say they don't see a major problem.  I gave her some money.  Because she gets to use the vehicle for half of what she normally would, I gave her half of the current blue book value.  The second case was a car accident.  Two old couples rear-ended at stop light.  Usually a pretty cut and dry case but it dragged on for hours.  The plaintiff's attorney was trying to get his clients to talk about how their lives have changed after the accident.  It ended up with a long discussion about their sex lives.  I really didn't need to hear about that.  I didn't buy that they were hurt and only gave them a little money.

I walked over to Love Park to meet Ken and sit out a little.  I have on idea why the fountain was green.  I have pictures from all the colors it has been over the years, so maybe I will post them.







Me in my suit!


Ken and I.  His daughter Julia is adorable.  I'll see if he will let me post some pics of her.


Pampered Puppy


Over to Liberty Place to eat lunch.


They did this with the cans last year, I don't really get it.


Philly Phanatic






What is this?




I always pass by this and threaten to buy the M for Melissa. I bet she would be a hit at Temple!  Melissa came over last night and I made the girls dinner and waffles and ice cream!

No comments: