Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend the First Part

Amy and I drove to Margate after work Friday.  Surprisingly there was little traffic.  As I mentioned, Amy, Melissa and I went to Steamers for dinner.  With Mel's prompting, I moved up the gift giving.  Look closely at her ears.  It wasn't a surprise.  She had been asking me for them for a year.  She was happy, I'm glad.  She's going to be going through a lot soon so anything I can do...





Troublemaker.


The food was yummy, if not entirely healthy.


We weren't done dinner until 10, really late for Amy, so she went to bed.  I went with Melissa to the Greenhouse.  If you have been there before, you can skip the description.  It's a restaurant that has a bar on a deck by the ocean.  It has been a happening place since before my time.  For anyone in their early 20's it's tough place to go.  It always seems to be the people you hated at camp or Hebrew School.  You are compelled to stare at the people coming in, to see what people are wearing and who is talking to who.  It can be very stressful but you feel like you are missing something if you don't go.  Mixed drinks for $5 helps.  Once you are past that age, it gets easier to go.  It's a blessing to not know or care about most of the people there.  You grab the few your age and and get a table and it's not so bad.  I still get a kick out of going.  I love to watch people and that is really a place to do it.  It's amazing what some of these girls wear.  


I grabbed a quick picture without a flash so as not to draw attention.  We had a good time seeing Rich and a bunch of Mel's friends that seem to like me.  We only live a few blocks from there but we drove, as it was chilly.  So I only had 1 drink.  I could have used a few more.  


Of course I'm up way too early on Saturday.  Everyone else slept really late.  I spent the morning trying to steal the neighbor's internet.  Amy wasn't totally awake so Melissa and I went for a long walk across Margate.  We made a quick stop to check out the beach.


Lucy the Elephant's butt.  


After the walk, Amy and I went to visit Alan, Ina, Josh and Sloane.  Alan's parents house is just a few blocks away.  It's great to have a nice porch to sit out on at the Shore.  Here is Amy and Sloane.


Me, Alan and Sloane.


She was so cuddly. I held her for a long time.


And I fed her!


A golden retriever walked by so I brought Sloane over.  She was squealing with delight.




Hey Josh!


Ashley joined us for dinner at JoJos in Ventnor.  She's a sweetheart.  After dinner, it was time to go back to the Greenhouse!  Amy even agreed to go!  It's not her favorite place. 

 
Amy and Rich.  He is Melissa's friend from Penn State.  Very cool guy.


It was packed!  Even more so than last night.  Even though the average age was 22, we actually knew tons of people.  Amy was a hit.  Everyone was checking out her belly.  A few young guys even came up to her to tell her she was a hot mom!  One guy said he hopes his future wife will look as good as she when she is pregnant!  I hope that Amy now understands that she looks great and the whole pregnant thing is sexy!  

No comments: