Monday, August 15, 2011

Boston, Day 1

It's a soggy Monday morning and I have so much to share. Some good, some annoying. If anyone has been trying to call me since Friday, my phone is not working. Since this week's posts will not feature Aden, I will throw in some from last week. On Wednesday night, Aden got a much needed haircut.











Why are you packing mommy and daddy? We are going on a plane. I was already on a plane. This was our conversation.

Thursday morning, Amy, Melissa and I just made our flight to Boston. Melissa and Mark had a wedding outside Boston so we decided to head up early and make a long weekend out of it. Mark was coming up Friday with Jeff and Rita. 42 minutes airtime. $39 on Southwest. Why would you go any other way?

We dropped off our bags at the hotel and headed out for lunch. The girls needed their chowder. They just put in these bike rental stations all over the city. $5 for 24 hours. What an awesome thing.

We ended up at the Atlantic Fish Company on Boylston.

MMMMM. Chowder, or as they say, chowdah!



Copley Square.

We took the T out to Boston University, my old school!

Good to be back.



BU beach.

We walked back through campus to Kenmore Square.

I could see the Citgo sign from my dorm.

Then we walked down Newbury Street, where of course we had to stop at Emack & Bolio's for ice cream. (we ate a lot of sweets over the weekend).

Crazy flavors.

Yum

We did a lot of shopping. Amy had a great time checking out the baby girl clothes.

Someday soon!

We made it all the way to the Public Gardens.

We lucked out with the weather. It was around 80, sunny and no humidity every day.

Our luck ran out Sunday, but more on that later...

No comments: