Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Storm

As you all know the weekend was crazy. By the time we left Jared's party at 4 on Saturday, the rain and wind had arrived. We roasted a chicken and played games as it got worse and worse outside. Aden actually went to sleep early and did not seem effected by the storm. When the Tornado warnings started, we got him and moved to the basement. I wish I had a picture of the three of us on the blow up mattress. Aden kept asking why we were in the basement.

Overnight is when my dad got injured. My parents were in the hospital all night. When we got up, we got Aden cleaned up, then I went to check on my parent's house. My dad was trying to save the basement from flooding.

It was crazy driving around Sunday morning. Trees down everywhere, what a mess.

The creek behind my parent's house.

The basement was fine!

I tried to get to St. Mary's, but I couldn't! The Neshaminy Creek was overflowing. The hospital was like a island! This is Newtown Richboro Road.

This is 413 near Bridgetown.

We waited for the weather to clear up.

Finally, the sun came out! Aden needed to get out to play.



The end to quite a weekend.

Monday, Aden played with his new pirate ship. He's into pirates now.

We wandered around and met our new neighbors. They have a son Aden's age!

Aden had a great time playing.



The "other Jason" is going to be a great friend. They will even be in the same class!

No comments: