Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pants On His Head

We had a pretty quiet weekend.  Last Friday, Aden's class celebrated Dr. Suess birthday.  Aden's teacher told them to dress silly.  I looked up online what kids traditionally wear and usually it's something that evokes a Dr. Suess character.  For some reason, Aden thought that meant wearing pants on his head.  He drove me nuts that morning till I let him wear mismatched clothes and pajamas bottoms on his head.  
 I will explain later why Ariel is wearing an old Aden shirt here.
 So I get him to school a little late and they had already started.  The kids were in a circle and three of his friends were sitting next to each other all with pants on their head!  The boys must have planned this.  I'm glad I let him do it, he would have been sad if he was the only one without.  I wish he had just told me it was the plan.  His teacher seemed confused by the outfits but she did say silly and it did make me laugh.
 This is hanging in Ariel's room.  I guess we have to work on the greetings.
 Baking cookies early Saturday morning.  I always let him crack the egg.  Probably not the best idea.
 Soccer.  I only took a few pics.  Ariel kept running out onto the field.
 The coach had a pink ball to keep her busy.
 She had fun chasing around Aden and Brody after practice.
 This is new and kind of annoying, especially while it's still cold out, but Ariel needs to climb into the car and get into her seat herself.  She freaks out if we try to help.
 It takes her a really long time but she is determined and always gets in.
 It was nice Saturday so we took a drive up to Peddler's Village to walk around.  Amy wants new knobs for the kitchen so we let the kids pick them out.

 Candy store!

 She had no idea what she was looking at.  She just grabbed any random thing.
 Silly smile while we ate out cupcakes.
 We only walked around a little.
 Ariel needed a nap but it was nice to to have been outside a little.

No comments: