Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The tote bags were a success!

So, I was wide awake at 6. Ugh. My parents insisted we meet for breakfast at 8:15. Oh no, the buffet again. I swear, I just ate like 2 mouthfuls and ran out the door again. DO people really like this? I drove out to Margate to check on Amy's house. It was weird that there were no cars around.


Amy's two favorite places. Closed.




The beach looked nice...


...except for the snow.


AC and the boardwalk from Ventnor.


The Borgata from the car.


After putting on the uniform, I took the shuttle to the convention center. The show was from 12 to 6. Here is the booth.




The setup to make the tote bags.


As soon as the door opened, we were swamped! We have a lot of customers in this area and they all came right over to talk. I was setting up around 11. The next time I looked at the clock it was 4! The bags were a hit. Everyone wanted one. I tried to make the potential customers a priority but it's hard to put off good old customers. There were some technical glitches but all in all it went well.


When I first pitched this idea I used Bob's Pools as an example. Guess who came over and wanted a tote? Bob's Pools!


I really didn't have a chance to walk around but here are a couple of shots of the show.




Some totes






2 person hot tub.



One of our vendors took us out to dinner. It is a Japanese company. We had a great time, especially when the grappa was passed around.


It was Ricky's birthday. He's quitting smoking tonight!




A store called Whim at the Borgata. It's supposed to be all the things you would never by for yourself if you were at home and sane. The stuff was crazy. The bike was $110,000!


No comments: