Monday, November 3, 2008

Pumpkin Soup

We had so many things planned for Saturday but Adam and Ellen called to say they were wandering around Doylestown so of course we joined them.  We had a nice lunch at some small cafe.



Their wedding is in 6 weeks!

We then did some shopping.  Funny how it was Adam and I that got clothes and not the girls.  At one point the girls left us to go check out a store, so Adam and I were walking around with Aden.  I was wondering how many people thought we were a couple?!?

We stopped by Jaime and Abby's house.  It's so crazy looking at Jared, who is only 6 weeks behind Aden and how little he looks.  Was Aden ever that size?  Jared is already smiling.  Very cute.  

Jordan took this picture.  We carefully looked over their house, that was recently decorated, to get tips for our house.  We are using their decorator!

Uncle Mark couldn't wait to play with Aden.

Sunday was a busy day.  My sister and I decided to make a dinner for my mother's birthday.  I needed to challenge myself, so I decided to make pumpkin soup for the first time.  Hard to believe, but I had a hard time finding a pumpkin!  Most of the little farms near us were sold out.  I finally got one and put it in the oven to roast, after letting Aden pose with it.

After several trips to the market, actually several markets to get everything we needed, Bev and I cooked all afternoon.  Finally our family and Amy's family came to Bev's house.  Mark and Melissa were at the kid's table.

The soup came out ok, most of them ate it, but the pumpkin seeds were the big hit.  For the main course, I made panko crusted chicken and black beans and rice.



Everyone made sure they got plenty quality time with the baby.

Yes, my mother is still 29!

We had so much dessert.  I think the chocolate fondue was the big hit.

Good night everyone!

No comments: