Friday, March 6, 2009

Moving Day!

We really have to give a shout out to Mambo Movers. They were very nice guys and did a great job. They showed up about 9:30 and we were as ready as we were going to be.

The calm before the storm.

Amy was very calm.

Can you tell where the table was?

Aden's room/guest bedroom

I ran across the street to say goodbye to our favorite dry cleaner! She was so sad to see us go. We both cried.

Mambo Movers are all supposed to be starving artists. They certainly looked the part.

I haven't seen it this empty in years.

They even took the Vespa! It would not have been fun to ride that thing up 95!

Bye South Street! :-(

Hello Holland! The old furniture is there until the new furniture arrives. The rest of the mess, there is no excuse!

The movers were gone by 2:30. Not bad at all. Amy went to get Aden and he seemed at home right away. I wish the new sofa had arrived. Now Mark and I are going to be schlepping these into the basement.

Aden finally got to try out his new high chair. No more eating on the Bumbo on the floor.

Aden really loved his room. He was mesmerized by the bears. So cute.

Just because we moved didn't mean Aden could escape from his bath! The three of us slept very well last night. I thought we would miss all the sounds of South Street but the quiet was kind of nice. I am thankful for this long transition. I have been spending so much time at the house that it almost felt like I was living there already. Now I have to figure out how we are going to clean up before our first guests, Adam and Ellen, come over this evening.

No comments: