Sunday, May 10, 2009

Amy's First Mother's Day!!!

Sunday morning Aden was showing us how he opens and closes drawers. As we were watching, Amy says something about him maybe getting his fingers caught, which of course he did! It just happened so fast, there was nothing we could do except watch. He cried for a minute then seemed ok. I thought maybe he would learn a lesson. Nope, right back at it! My project tonight is to lock down all the drawers!

Kathy and her daughter Shari were in from Arizona and met us for lunch at Ben and Irv's. Lenny hooked us up with a good table as usual. Aden tried some half and half and really seemed to like it!

I think the only reason Amy had Aden was for the excuse to get sweet potato fries every time we go there.

It was great to catch up with Kathy and finally meet Shari, who is getting married in Italy in a few weeks! Aden was still a little quiet, but they had fun with him.

We went back to the house to hang out.

I keep forgetting to get our visitors to sit in the chair for a picture. I want to have a collection of shots of random people in the chair. Maybe for a coffee table book one day!

Melissa and Mark came over. I think Shari and Melissa were in the same camp bunk when they were little, before Shari moved to Arizona. Amy thinks my shirt is feminine. She wants me to stop wearing it and for her to start. What do you think?

Clarisse and Kathy.

Then we went to Aunt Judy's house for Mother's Day festivities. Aden's new thing is waiving. He waives at everybody and everything. I walked around with him at Ben and Irv's and he never stopped waiving. Here he was waiving at Murray, who was only interested in hamburgers.

We had some barbeque and lots of chatting.

Aden was cute but still not quite himself. He had not eaten much the last few days.

I think Beverly is ready to babysit!

Amy dropped all of Aden's puffs. We started picking them up and Judy is like, don't worry about it, and dragged Murray over take care of it!

Judy did a great job on her kitchen. If we had redone the cabinets, we would have done something like this.

This was before bed. I just wanted to show you Aden's curls!

No comments: