Thursday, April 30, 2009

Heads All Empty and I Don't Care

I'm getting too old for this. It's Thursday morning and I am tired. Yesterday Aden and I were getting psyched for the Dead. I think he thought he was going. I would have taken him but his dreadlocks haven't grown in yet!

If I were to ever get a tattoo, it would probably be a dancing bear.

Gund made the Jerry Garcia doll after he died.

I promise Aden, if they are still touring in a few years, I will take you!

After work, I drove to the Meadowlands in North Jersey, right outside New York City. It took about an hour and a half. I was excited, it has been about 7 years since these guys toured. I guess I should have worn some Izod.

That's the new Giants Stadium. The Eagles will be beating the stinkin' Giants here in a few months!

As always, they start exactly on time. Because of that, the place was empty and everyone had to rush in. You would think after 45 years of touring, that people would know they even start early sometimes. Is it just me, or is Bob Weir starting to look like Jerry a little?

This brought back suck memories. The first set was very mellow and I actually started nodding off. The second set was more rocking. I left after drums and space but before the encores as it was getting late. They sounded really good and I was glad I got to see them. Getting home at 1 am on a school night is pretty tough though. Amy was nice enough to give Aden his 6 am bottle so I could sleep in a little.

No comments: