Saturday, April 11, 2009

Can Aden Do The Four Questions Yet?

It's now Saturday afternoon. It's a rainy, miserable day. I went into town today by myself to do a little shopping, but I'm back and I think the three of us might go to Ted's Montana Grill for dinner. Now back to Thursday...

Aden was practicing for his first Passover Seder. Everyone was expecting him to do the Four Questions, so he wanted to be ready.

Our 27 guests milling around prior to dinner. Thankfully, our parents were a great help getting everything ready.

Four six foot tables were just enough. Now that we have all these tables, we are going to have to have more big parties.

My dad likes to lead the service. He does a great job and kept everyone's attention, for the most part, which is tough with so many people and babies. We let Aden off the hook and all did the Four Questions together.

Melissa was all ready to dip the celery in the salt water.

Brianna kept an eye on Aden.

She loved the horseradish. She likes spicy foods!

My parents leading the service.

The far end of the table.

My mom made the matzoh balls and Amy's mom made the soup. Elaine was in charge of serving it. I just had some a few minutes ago. Yummy. Even better than Ben and Irv's!

Aunt Bevvy getting some quality time with Aden.

There's that soup.

Beverly and Sol were as sweet as usual.

We were glad Dave and Judy could come and spend the holiday with us.

Marc came with a friend. They both got their first taste of Guitar Hero, but more on that later.

We hadn't seen Sheryl, Howard and Chad in a while. They were happy to meet Aden.

Uncle Mark as always liked to hold Aden.

The hosts.

There were too many people for table service so buffet it was! My mom made the chicken and potato kuggel and Amy's mom made the meatballs and brisket.

I made all the veggies. This was the first time I tried string beans with tomatoes. It came out well.

Elaine, Edmund and Adam. Cute picture. We will see them in May at the B'nai Mitzvah in Washington, DC.

The first attempt at trying to get Aden too sleep. There was just too much going on and he wanted to be a part of it.

Howard tried out my throne.

Chad and Adam rocking the Guitar Hero.

Waiting around for dessert. The matzoh cake and cookies are not quite up to my mom's chocolate cake, but they will do for now.

My grandmother is turning 89 tomorrow! You would never guess it, feisty as ever.

Alex and Melissa.

This was the second or third time Aden found his way back downstairs after being unable to fall asleep.

Melissa and I.

Winding down around 10. I think Aden finally fell asleep. The night was a great success. Thank you all for helping and coming, see you soon!

No comments: