Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Wow That's a Cold Fork

Short post.  Saturday when I saw the power was back on I ran home with Aden to check on things.  Amy packed up at her parent's house and met us there.  It was already warming up.  By 9 the air temp was back to the upper 60's but it still felt cold because everything we touched was cold.  The floors especially.  We made the kids dinner and we couldn't touch the metal silverware.  We even had to through our pajamas in the dryer to warm them up.  
 We haven't had the fireplace going in years.  I figured this was as good a time as any.  When I opened the flue, a couple of live bees fell out!  I guess they were hiding in there.  We stayed close to the fire till we went upstairs.
 Time to hit those cold sheets!
 Sunday Amy and I went to the car show.
 Should she get it?  We need to decide soon, her lease is up!
 We had a nice lunch at the Reading Market.  I was surprised it was open on Sunday.
 Melissa and Mark watched the kids.
 So we finally bought a new fridge on Friday.  I paid extra to have it delivered Saturday.  They showed up and said they couldn't get it through my garage door and needed to go in through the front door.  Problem was we had about a foot of ice on the driveway.  
 I guess we are getting it in the Spring!  So close yet so far.
 Aden gave it a try but that ice wasn't going anywhere.
 At least it's on Amy's side!

No comments: