Sunday, February 9, 2014

And Then There Was Light

We got our power back Saturday at 5:00 pm!  What a week.  It went off Wednesday morning during the ice storm.  I spent the next four days obsessively checking the electric company's website for repair estimates.  For the first 2 days it said Sunday at 11 pm.  On Thursday night, it switched to Friday at 11:00.  What a tease.  On Friday about 9:00 pm, it became Saturday at 11:00 pm.  I will discuss the transition back to our house in another post.  

Friday night, Melissa left Eva with us at Amy's mom's house while they went to dinner.  Amy stayed home with her and I took the kids to meet my family for dinner.
 A lot of people are still without power so the restaurants have been super packed.

 We got back from dinner and it was my turn!
 It was just the five of us for a while, so it was neat to see what it would be like to have another!
 It was kind of hard to watch the baby while we got the bigger ones ready for bed.
 We just let Cooper watch her!
 Speaking of Cooper, this is how I was awakened Saturday morning!
 Still thinks he's a little puppy.
 The kids have been warming up to him.
 Dentist time!
 Aden was very good.
 Ariel was fascinated.
 It wasn't her day but she jumped up!
 These are blurry but I got a pic of the downed line on Holland Ave causing us all the problems.
 Fix that wire!

No comments: