Thursday, February 16, 2023

Treking to Phoenix

It's Thursday night. The kids are off until Tuesday for President's Weekend.  Yay us.  Let's get into the last exciting weekend.  I went to the gym and got a pretzel for wearing an Eagle's shirt.  
Then Aden and I took our backpacks and headed to Newark airport.  We were heading to Phoenix for the Super Bowl!  First we had 2 flights to get through.  
We left around 5 on an American flight to Chicago.  It was like 2 1/2 hours.  
We made it to Chicago.  
It was cold getting off the plane!
The next flight was already boarding, so we had to run to the gate.  On the way there, I made Aden take a pic of me holding a paper to the window.  I have a friend who lives in Chicago and it was her birthday that day.  I texted her to come to the airport and I would hold up a sign!
Getting onto the plane in Chicago for the 3 1/2 hour flight to Phoenix.  
We made it to Phoenix around 9 pm.  We had gained 2 hours.  We took the train a few stops and walked through a sea of homeless people to get to the rental car.  
We made it to Kathy and Ray's house in Paradise Valley around 10.  They are very sweet and accommodating family friends who agreed to host us.  Aden and I shared this bedroom.  
While we were flying, Amy and the kids had bingo at school.  Ariel got a babysitting job!
Bingo is serious business.  Have a great weekend!

 

No comments: