Sunday, June 1, 2008

I'd Like Some Tater Tots Please

It's now Sunday night and we just got back from seeing Sex and the City, but more on that later.  Friday night, Amy and I got dressed up and met Caren and Rob for dinner at the West Avenue Grill in Jenkintown.  It was good but we were rushed.  We had to be at synagogue by 8.  A the last Shabbat service of each month, they honor that month's anniversaries.  Caren and Ron got married the week before us by our rabbi so we thought it would be nice to celebrate our first anniversaries together.  Amy was a hit.  Everyone wanted to talk to her and touch her belly.  Even when they had the 10 or so couples up front for a special prayer, the rabbis seemed focused on Amy.  I think she likes all the attention!  They recently got new prayer books and changed things up a lot.  I have been going here since I was little and I was lost.  I liked the change though.  We stayed after with the young rabbi to discuss names for the baby.  He told us his wife is pregnant also!


They have been doing major renovations at Beth Am.  They tore out the rabbis office and put in a coffee bar.  It's a great idea.  On Sunday mornings, people drop off their kids for Hebrew school then go to Starbucks to get coffee and surf the web.  If they could get their coffee and wifi at the synagogue, maybe they would stay.  I hope so!


Saturday morning, Amy and I went to her school so she could work at the carnival.  It was sunny but there was rain in the forecast so they moved it inside.  That was smart.  Amy was in charge of the Lucky Wheel!


I really wanted to win a jump rope.


They had some fun things to do.  It got really crowded, then the rain started.   There was a huge thunderstorm but no one seemed to notice.  I wanted to try the velcro wall.




Amy and Renee.  Renee graduated with Mel from Council Rock and Penn State.  She was lucky and got a great job at Amy's school so young.  This whole thing was a fundraiser for the school.  They had people make cakes which people could win.  Renee and I did the "cake walk."  Don't ask.  Needless to say, I didn't get the chocolate cupcakes. :-(


Me waiting in line for lunch!  It's been a long time since I was in an elementary school cafeteria line!  Where are the tater tots?


See, I have grown.  The tables are so small!


One of the teachers went to Guatemala and adopted a baby in the Fall.  Actually two teachers went and adopted babies.  Here is one of them.  She's a cutey!  Already about 13 months.


Saturday afternoon and night we had an open house graduation party for two of my cousins.


Jessica graduated from UMass Amherst and is headed to Los Angeles to work in the movie business!  That sounds like fun.  Sign me up!


Amanda graduated Cheltenham HS and is going to Northeastern University in Boston. Amanda's prom was Friday night.  She was at the Jersey Shore for after prom activities and came back for the party then went back after! Poor Ronnie and Lisa, both their girls are leaving!


My grandmother and her sister and brother in law.


The food was good.


My cousin Jen's two cuties.




Some of the cousins.


We went back to Jen's house and my cousin Carol was there in from Florida.  Isn't she hot!  She says we have the same hands.


Jen is cute also.  She sells invitations and announcements so we looked at books of baby announcements.  Of course we liked the hand made ones the best.  Why are we cursed with such good taste?

No comments: